Re: mozilla thunderbird trademark restrictions / still dfsg free?

claus@xn--frber-gra.muc.de (=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Claus_F=E4rber?=) wrote:
> I know of other precedents that say otherwise. E.g. automobile modders
> in Europe have to remove the original trademarks.

I can believe that they have to remove the trademarked symbol
from the bonnet and boot, but I can't believe that they have
to go grubbing around inside the engine and cabin obliterating
the original trademarks. Is that right?

At the moment, it seems that Mozilla's trademark licence asks
us to do something like that, changing command names and other
"engine" parts. From what has been explained here, I suspect
MF is trying to assert more rights than it has.