Re: Drawings similar to well known products. Copyright problems?

On Mon, Jan 10, 2005 at 04:16:16PM -0800, Don Armstrong wrote:
> However, it's quite possible that they are representations of
> trademarks, and as such protected wherever such a company has
> trademarks. [I don't deign to know who actually controlls these
> trademarks, or even if they are really trademarked.]

If you look at knockoffs of famous brands you'll see they mimic
the popular brand (which is permitted) but deviate in some
signficant way.

I don't think it's a big deal but I wouldn't take the risk.

If it was me I'd say a solid blue battery that says "battery"
is okay; this one ain't.  "Rubik" should be renamed "cube".
"Pac-Man" should be removed entirely.  Hummer should be renamed.

Free-Mason symbol should be removed entirely.

Lighter is okay.  Wagon is okay.  Phone is probably okay although
why risk it.  It looks a lot like a Nokia.

Although doing nothing is probably okay.

If it was me I wouldn't risk any of it.  But then I'm not a
slime-ball who tries to get away with as much as possible.