Re: AROS License DFSG ok?

On Sat, 2005-01-08 at 12:31 -0500, Brian Thomas Sniffen wrote:
> Matthew Garrett <mgarrett@chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:
> > It terminates a right we don't require in the first place. If the patent
> > is actively enforced, we potentially have problems - if it isn't, why is
> > it more of a problem than a license which didn't grant those permissions
> > in the first place?
>
> Thus is not just about software patents.  If I have invented a new
> Wheel, and microsoft rips me off and begins producing my Wheel, I
> would like to sue them to get them to stop.  If they're a Participant
> here, I can't do so!  At least, if I do sue them, I lose my copyright
> license to this software.

This is 8.2b. The only thing it terminates is your patent license. 8.2a
terminates your copyright license, but only if you're suing over the
piece of software covered by that license. Your situation can't arise.

Please stop Cc:ing me on replies. I don't need two copies of your mail.
--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@srcf.ucam.org