Re: mozilla thunderbird trademark restrictions / still dfsg free?

Francesco Poli wrote:
Exactly.
DFSG #8 seems quite clear to me: we do *not* consider Free
something that gives all the other important freedoms to Debian only,
and not to downstream recipients as well.

So the question is: is the right to call a bit of software by a certain name an "important freedom"? That's definitely debatable. The name you use to refer to a bit of software doesn't affect its function.

Gerv