Re: mozilla thunderbird trademark restrictions / still dfsg free?

Josh Triplett wrote:
Henning Makholm wrote:

But isn't the full suite going to be discontinued once the
thermodynamically challenged predator and its stormy avian cousin
reach maturity anyway?

As I understand it, not anymore: there are enough third parties building
upon Seamonkey (the suite) that it will continue to be maintained for
the forseeable future.

That's the current position. Whether we just "keep it working" or whether it moves along more innovatively depends on whether anyone ports it to the new UI toolkit that Firefox and Thunderbird use. There is an effort under way to do that, but I don't know if it'll succeed.

Gerv