Re: mozilla thunderbird trademark restrictions / still dfsg free ?

Andrew Suffield wrote:

Neither please. Debian packages should be easily modified by other
people, not just us. It doesn't achieve a great deal to replace their
trademark with our own.

OK, let's say I rename the package to 'somebird' and want to produce a good package for debian. Should I use a patched orig.tar.gz or is it ok to distribute the source as provided by upstream (of course without the trademarked icons) and patch the rest (e.g. thunderbird mozilla) during build?

My preference (from a technical point of view) is to distribute the unmodified upstream tarball and patch it during build. It is easier to maintain ;)

--
 GPG messages preferred. |  .''`.  ** Debian GNU/Linux **
 Alexander Sack          | : :' :      The  universal