Re: ocaml, QPL and the DFSG: Choice of venue argumentation.

On Fri, Jul 23, 2004 at 05:32:24PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> Ok, still do you think that a judge would have no consideration if the
> defendent is a poor student on the other side of the world, or otherwise has
> not the physical means to be present ?

You believe it's ok to assume all French judges are nice people?

You would be a terrible legislator.

> But again, the DFSG makes no provision whatsoever for this kind of things.

So in general, you believe it's ok to inflict all kinds of risks on
users who exercise their rights on software in main, so long as the DFSG
doesn't explicitly prohibit them?

Forget these inane arguments about what the DFSG does or doesn't
prohibit; why would we WANT to expose our users to licenses like this?
I can't see any reason that you feel this way other than your personal
investment of time in these packages.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer