Re: Choice of venue, was: GUADEC report

On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 01:22:03PM -0500, Steve Langasek wrote:
> We are obligated to serve the interests of our users and free software.
> This is *no* obligation to accept all free software into the archive.

That premise appears to be firmly rejected by a segment of Debian
developers.

We are, it appears, duty-bound to read the DFSG as narrowly as possible,
because it helps our users more to have publicly available software
distributed specifically by the Debian Project than bad licenses that take
away their freedoms harm them.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    People are equally horrified at
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    hearing the Christian religion