Re: Visualboy Advance question.

Nathanael Nerode <neroden@twcny.rr.com>:

> > Does Debian main contain any MP3s? If not, would you like to see MP3
> > players removed from Debian main?
>
> Debian main does contain MP3 recorders.  I think that is quite sufficient to
> render MP3 players useful with no non-free software; you can make your own
> MP3s.

Yes, I suppose so. You can also make your own ROMs. In both cases it's
not very easy to make a "good" one, for some senses of "good", and
most people who use the software aren't going to do it. So it's not
obvious to me where to draw the line and whether those two cases
really are on different sides of the line.

Perhaps it would be best just to stop worrying about it. Unless
there's a lot of potential "main" material that depends on it, does it
really matter that much whether a package goes in main or contrib?