Free Debian logos? [was: Re: GUADEC report]

On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 03:26:08 +0100 MJ Ray wrote:

> Maybe we
> should show some examples of trademark terms we like? Maybe we could
> even make the damn debian logo artwork into one?

I think that the Debian logo issue should really be worked out.
Having a Free OS with non-free logos is a sort of inconsistency: I'm not
comfortable with this situation.

IMHO, Debian logos should be DFSG-free. Their appropriate use should be
enforced via trademark laws, not copyright ones, if this is possible.

--
             |  GnuPG Key ID = DD6DFCF4 |  $ fortune
  Francesco  |        Key fingerprint = |  Q: What is purple
     Poli    | C979 F34B 27CE 5CD8 DC12 |     and commutes?