Re: Visualboy Advance question.

On Fri, 9 Jul 2004, Branden Robinson wrote:

>> >A *lot* of old home computer emulators won't be self-sufficient without the
>> >ROM, because the environments were so constrained that ROM-based service
>> >routines were very heavily used.
>>
>> That's interesting and true. But "a lot" is not "all". I think in the
>> case under discussion, an OS system ROM isn't necessary to run the
>> software. You just need particular game ROMs.

>Do we expect the typical user of the emulator to already have game
>ROMs on hand?  If so, by what means?

	Do you really want to know and control the means, by which
debian users will get the ROMs?

	More specifically, do you really think that [futile]
attempts to control and police sources of _input_ _data_, on which
debian users will run the program, is compatible with terms and
principles of Free Software?