Re: Visualboy Advance question.

* Matthew Palmer <mpalmer@debian.org> [040710 14:27]:
> I don't think that the basis for a package's inclusion in main should be the
> packaging in main of appropriate content.  That would be a waste of archive
> resources.
>
> The prerequisites for inclusion in main should merely be a reasonable belief
> that the program is useful without recourse to anything non-free, and
> inclusion of the basic set of dependencies for correct functioning.  I
> believe that fulfills our requirements under the social contract, while
> minimising archive bloat.

If there is any content packaged, than such a reasonablity becomes much
more apperent. If there is no content and no easy way to create such
documented, it is much harder to believe.  Especially as some small
example is really good to test the functionality and thus worth beeing
included in the distribution. (For example I never use saytime in normal
operation, but install it regulary, only because it is an very
easy method to test whether configuring sound worked).

Hochachtungsvoll,
  Bernhard R. Link

--
Sendmail is like emacs: A nice operating system, but missing
an editor and a MTA.