Re: Copyright/License of Debian Constitution

Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-07-05 at 14:22, Dwayne C. Litzenberger wrote:
>>I'm not sure if this is the right list to ask on, but what's the
>>copyright/license status of the Debian Constitution?
>>
>>	http://www.debian.org/devel/constitution
>>
>>I'm heading up changes to the constitution of a local non-profit member
>>organization, and I want to adapt the Standard Resolution Procedure for our
>>purposes.

As far as I know, the Debian Constitution is under the same license as
the Debian website: the Open Publication License, version 1.0 or later.
 See http://www.debian.org/license .  This really needs to be changed to
another license, though, since the Open Publication License is non-free.
 (See http://www.debian.org/legal/licenses/dls-005-opl .)

- Josh Triplett