Re: The draft Position statement on the GFDL

Scripsit Raul Miller <moth@debian.org>
> On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 08:55:21PM +0100, Henning Makholm wrote:

> > In this case, therefore, it does not restrict my right to distribute
> > the hypothetical Palladium GCC, because I would give the recipient the
> > same rights as I got myself.

> That runs into several difficulties.

I cannot see any one.

> One of which is that [for the purpose of this hypothesis] you had to
> purchase the right to develop using these palladium features.

Where does your hyphotesis say that? And in which jurisdiction can the
supplier of Palladium legally forbid the third party that I give my
modified GCC to (and who does not have any contractual relation with
the supplier) from continuing my development work?

--
Henning Makholm                          "I tried whacking myself repeatedly
                                     with the cluebat. Unfortunately, it was