Re: The draft Position statement on the GFDL

On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 12:31:47AM -0400, Glenn Maynard wrote:
> Of course it does.  You claimed, as far as I can tell, that the GPL's
> requirement that derived works be available under the GPL's terms is
> a restriction on modification; I explained that this is explicitly
> allowed by the latter part of DFSG#3.

And I explained that your logic only applied to the parts which
were not licensed under the GPL -- not to the parts that are.

Anyways, there's another aspect to the GPL where it imposes a requirement
that modification be restricted.  It requires that the license document
be provided with the licensed program, and forbids modifications to the
license document.

--
Raul