Re: Fwd: reiser4 non-free?

> In fact, on first glance, I'm not sure that I understand the difference
> between Debian's inclusion of software which triggers GPL 2c (such as bc)
> and a similar clause for non-interactive programs.  Maybe I'm missing some
> previous discussion?

Here is an example of a 2(c) notice:

anthony@bohr:anthony$ bc
bc 1.06
Copyright 1991-1994, 1997, 1998, 2000 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
For details type `warranty'.

The required part is all of 3 lines, could be two. Out of an interactive
session (which makes it much more acceptable than if, say, 'ls' printed
this). Legally, the warranty disclaimer probably provides some
additional protection, as does the copyright notice.

mkreiserfs at one point printed some 20 lines of stuff with no legal
effect whatsoever.