Re: Fwd: reiser4 non-free?

Brian Thomas Sniffen wrote:

MJ Ray <mjr@dsl.pipex.com> writes:

You seem to understand the difference between credit and
advertisement as advertisements are credits for those you dislike.
You seem to understand the difference between modification and
plagiarism as plagiarism is a modification that you dislike because it
doesn't praise you enough.

To be fair, these credits really do seem to be for others.  Some of
them are credits *and* ads, and at least one is an ad for work for
Hans Reiser and Namesys, but they are credits as well, and most of
them for other people.

-Brian

I could be talked into eliminating the one for me, though I have always found it a bit of a pain that people are a bit eager to think that I am some sort of businessman who hired russians because he wasn't abstractly inclined himself. They seem to think I am some sort of businessman fool enough to invest into free software, rather than a guy who wanted to build something and couldn't get anyone to fund it so he paid for reiserfs to come into existence by working a day job for 5.5 years. They often don't realize that I am responsible for basic architectural features, like the idea of aggregating small files together rather than always page aligning them, or that the most controversial deep design changes of V4 versus V3 were mine. Probably the current one mentioning me needs more work, as it doesn't really say all this, sigh.