Re: reiser4 non-free?

@ 06/05/2004 17:03 : wrote Narcoleptic Electron :

Humberto Massa wrote:
Rule of thumb to
derived works: could them (plugins) be created (as they are, not in a different way) if the original work (reiser4) was not created? Yes = derived; no = original.

I believe that is incorrect.  It should be: yes =
original; no = derived.

Likewise, could reiser4 be created as it is now, had
linux not been created? Yes = reiser4 is a derived work on linux; no = it's an original work.

Again, that should be: yes = it's an original work; no
= reiser4 is a derived work on linux.
You're right in both accounts. It's 5:15 pm, I'm tired and I want to go home. :-)

--
br,M