On Apr 30, 2004, at 23:06, Michael Poole wrote:

To adapt an analogy that someone used earlier, when you go to a store,
you might find fonts, images, or other data in a box in the software
section.  However, you are not likely to find a specification for
TCP/IP in the software section,

Depends on how many Linux distros include RFCs.

 and you are not likely to find a print
of Starry Night in the software section either.

No, but I will find clip art and photo collections on CD.

Debian significantly restricts use (not just modification or
redistribution) of what is in that file.  There is no question that
the rules for the official use logo fail the DFSG.  The only way I can
see for Debian to follow its SC is to not include its own official use
logo.

That's been brought up on -legal, and any package in main including that logo has a bug.