Re: X-Oz: Next Move, was: Debian Legal summary of the X-Oz License

On Sat, Mar 27, 2004 at 09:24:22AM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> As you know, I think changing a simple statement into one of the
> condition clauses is a substantial change in these new licences,
> apparently not shared by any other.

I agree.

> We last heard from a representative of X-Oz, selussos <mgr@x-oz.com>,
> on 7 March. In the messages that day (apart from accusations about
> -legal contributors motives), she indicated that the X-Oz licence
> needs US copyright law and "fair use" doctrine to meet some basic DFSG
> ideas. She also wrote that she "will be away for several days" but
> that was 20 days ago.
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2004/debian-legal-200403/author.html
>
> What are the next steps?

I don't think any code under this license should be permitted into
Debian main until the license's meaning has been clarified by the
copyright holder(s) using it.

As far as I know, the only copyright holder using the X-Oz license is
X-Oz Technologies, Inc.

There isn't really a next step until and unless X-Oz chooses to respond
to our questions.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      Please do not look directly into