Re: APT-HOWTO is under the GFDL

Em Seg, 2004-11-08 às 21:34 -0800, Josh Triplett escreveu:
> > Should a bug be filed, in your opinion?
>
> Definitely.

Please do.

> No, I don't think leaving it unspecified is an incorrect application,
> though it doesn't exactly follow the application guidelines in the GFDL
> itself.  I would tend to say that any work under the GFDL which doesn't
> explicitly specify invariant sections or cover texts should be assumed
> to have none.

That's how I understand it myself.

> This still doesn't make it DFSG-free, of course, so a bug should still
> be filed.  Thank you for raising this issue.  If the Debian project is
> going to advocate against the GFDL, we should certainly not have any
> works under that license ourselves.

Agreed. I didn't change it yet because I plan to do so for version 2,
which is being written at the alioth's svn and because this was being
ignored for sarge; I can do it for v1.x if it is a problem right now.

Thanks,

--
kov@debian.org: Gustavo Noronha <http://people.debian.org/~kov>
Debian:  <http://www.debian.org>  *  <http://www.debian-br.org>