Re: Fwd: figlet license change from Artistic to Clarified Artistic or Artistic 2.0?

On Thu, Oct 14, 2004 at 02:39:31PM -0300, Carlos Laviola wrote:
> > I must admit that I lack the legal expertise to claim that the AFL 2.1
> > conforms to the Debian Free Software Guidelines, since it talks about
> > needlessly complicated things like patents and jurisdictions.
>
> Both the Open Source Initiative and the Free Software Foundation have
> analyzed the AFL and declared it conformant to their definitions of "open
> source" and "free".

Yuck. They really aren't trying very hard when analysing licenses
these days if crap like this gets through. I get the feeling that you
could manage to get the "pet a cat" license past them.

It sounds like upstream has gone completely insane. Not a promising
sign.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |