Re: Moving libcwd to Debian non-free

On Mon, Oct 04, 2004 at 07:13:20PM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Robert Millan <rmh@debian.org> [2004.10.04.1908 +0200]:
> > How many packages depend on this library?  These should be moved
> > to contrib, and if they're not many you could consider removing
> > libcwd along with them, too.
>
> Consider removing it? Why?
>
> Anyway, I doubt there is a single package that depends on libcwd.

We provide non-free packages when our users require them (Social Contract). If
there's no demand for libcwd there's no reason to provide it.  This is you as
the maintainer who should judge that.

I think it's specialy appropiate to take this in consideration for a library
that has no reverse dependencies.

Of course, maybe we should just wait for a response from upstream and see if
they want to re-license :).

--
 .''`.   Proudly running Debian GNU/kFreeBSD unstable/unreleased (on UFS2+S)
: :' :