Re: Free Art License

On Fri, Oct 01, 2004 at 10:28:18AM +0100, MJ Ray wrote:
> On 2004-10-01 01:16:29 +0100 Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org> wrote:
>
> >>"I consider .... the preferred form for modifying this program"
> >which is exactly the form of my examples: "I consider C code to be the
> >preferred form for modifying this program" [...]
>
> I think you should look again at your own emails and possibly the
> thread generating this. It is not "exactly the form" and I don't think
> your reasoning holds for it.

This subthread is about the "preferred form for modification" is for (digital)
media--eg. movies, images, sounds.  You suggested "specifying it", but saying
"the preferred form for modifying this sound is is the MIDI data" is problematic.
If that's not the type of specification you had in mind, give an example of
one you did.  (Calling me obtuse is not a substitute for making yourself clear,
so please skip the name-calling and just supply the example.)

If you think that we're talking about physical media--paintings--then you
should reread Kai Blin's message.

--
Glenn Maynard