Re: missing licenses in gnulib

On Wed, Sep 22, 2004 at 03:22:01PM +0100, MJ Ray wrote:
> On 2004-09-22 14:58:24 +0100 Robert Millan <rmh@debian.org> wrote:
>
> >[ putting debian-legal on CC ]
>
> For what end?

Because gnulib is ITPed (#272867), we need to sort out possible legal problems
before adding it to Debian, and debian-legal may offer advice.

> To me, this looks like you are trolling a list @gnu.org - please be
> more precise with your wording on this topic. My current understanding
> is that the FSF does not consider "is this documentation also free
> software?" to be a sensible question, while many debian developers do.
> I agree with the conclusion that it's better to omit them from
> discussion for now.

Both of us are aware of the issue so it's useless to argue about it.  I didn't
intend to spawn a discussion on this, but in my report I was listing all the
license problems I found in gnulib and I won't hide this from the list as if
it didn't exist.  I think I was clear enough.

--
 .''`.   Proudly running Debian GNU/kFreeBSD unstable/unreleased (on UFS2+S)
: :' :