Re: CeCILL again...

Glenn Maynard wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 24, 2004 at 11:19:27AM +0100, Edmund GRIMLEY EVANS wrote:
>>Glenn Maynard wrote:
>>>who should not have to be bound
>>>by a text in a language that they don't understand properly.
>>>(The only solution available to me, in that situation, is to not touch the
>>>software.)
>>
>>Then you have a solution. Use it. But please don't try to force your
>>solution on other people who may be perfectly happy, or even happier,
>>with a licence in French.
>
> I don't think "just don't use the software" is an acceptable "solution".

Your requirement that you be able to understand the license terms is
perfectly reasonable.  That does not mean Debian should have that
requirement.  Consider this: it is also a perfectly reasonable
requirement that you be able to read the source of all the software you
use, to ensure that it does not take undesirable actions.  This might
well cause you to avoid using software in programming languages you
don't understand, or with comments and variable names in languages you
don't understand.  Nevertheless, such software is still Free.

- Josh Triplett