Re: Open Software License v2.1

On Wed, Sep 22, 2004 at 11:58:04AM +0100, Andrew Suffield wrote:
> Licensor brings suit against you alleging massive patent infringement
> on your part. The chances of you successfully defending them all are
> slim. Your choices are effectively settlement, or patent counter-suit
> that kills your license.

If licensor grants a patent license for all of his patents related to
the work, this scenario is irrelevant; I can simply point to the patent
license.  The topic of whether patent grants are a necessary component
for patent defense clauses (my opinion: yes), and whether those grants
have unfixable holes that render them insufficient (my opinion: maybe)
is being actively discussed in another subthread.

--
Glenn Maynard