Re: Patent clauses in licenses

Michael Poole wrote:

> Loss of patent license means the user cannot use the software.  Loss
> of copyright license (at least in the USA) only removes the license of
> a user to modify or copy the software further.  I do not see how the
> former is narrower than the latter,

I suppose you could copy and modify it without using it.

Wait a sec.  You can't distribute implementations of a patent without a
license either (right?), and the software is considered an implementation.
So I suppose you could copy and modify it, but you couldn't distribute it.

--
This space intentionally left blank.