Re: Open Software License v2.1

On 2004-09-19 16:12:55 +0100 Michael Poole <mdpoole@troilus.org> wrote:

I am not sure why we should draw a distinction between patent and
copyright licenses.

Patent law and copyright law are very different things. Further, patents cannot apply to software in all laws, so having these non-existant things interfering with copyright licensing is usually a bad sign.

I'm not particularly interested in the GPL's behaviour with patents just now. It seems a bit off-topic for a thread discussing the OSL and I've some trees to preserve.

 Creative copyleft computing - http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
http://www.thewalks.co.uk stand 13,Lynn Carnival,12 Sep