Re: Open Software License v2.1

On 2004-09-19 14:41:05 +0100 Michael Poole <mdpoole@troilus.org> wrote:

Note that there are two kinds of patent clauses floating around:

One says that if you sue the software's authors for *any* patent
infringement, your license is terminated.

The other says that if you sue claiming that the software infringes
your patent, your license is terminated.

A third sort says that if you sue or defend yourself by claiming that the software infringes your patent, your license is terminated.

The fourth, fifth and sixth sorts are the same, but terminate your copyright licence instead/as well as your patent licence.

I've yet to see an argument for anything other than the second or third cases which even gets near convincing me. The Open Software License v2.1 is not an example of the second or third case. Does it look like the sixth?

 Creative copyleft computing - http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
http://www.thewalks.co.uk stand 13,Lynn Carnival,12 Sep