Re: MTL license

As well, the fact that is is framed as a "license agreement" invokes
contract law instead of pure copyright... in the U.S., contract law is
different in every state and some even have gap-filling measures
which, in a court of law, would add things to the license that even
the licensor didn't intend (choice of venue changes this, but choice
of venue provisions are about as non-free as it gets).

Joe