Re: Open Software License v2.1

On 2004-09-13 14:15:11 +0100 Raul Miller <moth@debian.org> wrote:

What's an example of a "self-defence action" where the license terminates?

Here:
You commence an action, including a cross-claim or counterclaim,

AIUI, cross-claims and counterclaims are normal self-defence when you are contesting a patent-based accusation and you hold patents which you think the other party may infringe. Of course, the UK does not yet have full software patenting, so I am inexperienced with this and could be wrong. (Next EU swpat vote expected in Council of Ministers for Competitiveness, 24 Sep, so lobby national representatives however you can...)

 Creative copyleft computing - http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
http://www.thewalks.co.uk stand 13,Lynn Carnival,12 Sep