Re: GPL-licensed packages with depend-chain to OpenSSL

On Sun, Sep 12, 2004 at 02:27:00PM +0200, Claus Färber wrote:
> That's plain wrong. Copyright law restricts actions related to a
> copyrighted work, not results.

Cite?

On the flip side, consider the legal principle of contributory
infringement.  [Do a google search if you don't know what I'm talking
about.]

> > the copyright license can [and often does] make such provisions.
>
> Which copyright license?

Whichever one is imposing conditions on who is licensed or not.

> In many countries you don't get a license if you buy standard software
> and you don't need one to use the product.

Ok, so let's talk about the U.S.

--
Raul