Re: GPL-licensed packages with depend-chain to OpenSSL

On Fri, Sep 10, 2004 at 08:37:11PM -0700, Ken Arromdee wrote:
> In order to have contributory infringement, there must be direct infringement.
> In this scenario, nobody is committing direct infringement.

Since you've not defined a scenario, I'll assume you're talking about
the one mentioned in the subject line.  In that context there is direct
infringement, at least some of the time:

In that context, there are cases where Debian is distributing a program
where some of the source is GPL licensed, and some of the source has
more restrictive terms.

Because of the way apt works, at least some of the time these accompany
each other.  [Though, granted, not always.]

--
Raul