Re: GPL-licensed packages with depend-chain to OpenSSL

On Fri, Sep 10, 2004 at 03:38:19PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> Huh?  There is no copyright infringement here because *the GPL
> explicitly allows this form of distribution*.

I was talking about the relationship of copyright law to some distribution
mechanics.

The GPL allows distribution under certain circumstances, but those
allowances are mostly tangential to the mechanisms I was talking about.

I certainly don't see the GPL talking about the issue of shipping some
bits of a program on one day through distributor A and other bits of the
program on another day through distributor B.

--
Raul