Re: GPL-licensed packages with depend-chain to OpenSSL

On Sun, Sep 05, 2004 at 01:05:27PM +0100, Andrew Suffield wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 04, 2004 at 10:03:31PM -0700, Ken Arromdee wrote:
>
> > and of course that any document
> > written in Microsoft Word is derived from Word.
>
> I can use a word document without a copy of word, these days. There
> are at least half a dozen other things that can work with them.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding, but by this argument, wouldn't the fact that
"can link against libcurl with GNU TLS, libcurl with OpenSSL, or libcurl
with no SSL at all" qualify it as mere aggregation - if the dividing point
is that multiple implementations, at least some of which are Free, can be
used with it?

Shades of libreadline....
--
Joel Baker <fenton@debian.org>                                        ,''`.
Debian GNU/kNetBSD(i386) porter                                      : :' :