Re: Problem with licence of Portaudio

On Tue, Sep 07, 2004 at 01:45:25AM +0200, Mikael Magnusson wrote:
>  Any person wishing to distribute modifications to the Software is
> requested to send the modifications to the original developer so that
> they can be incorporated into the canonical version.

This clause doesn't appear to cause any major problems -- it's a request,
not a demand, and therefore I don't *have* to follow it.  The original
developer wouldn't necessarily even be willing to incorporate my changes, as
they might be under a more restrictive licence than he'd want to deal with.

Absent any evidence that the copyright holder is a frothing lunatic, with a
differing interpretation than naturally follows, I don't think there's any
problem with this clause.

- Matt