Re: Suggestions of David Nusinow, was: RPSL and DFSG-compliance - choice of venue

On Aug 25, 2004, at 16:52, Matthew Garrett wrote:

You believe that there are some languages that are inherently non-free?
I'm still waiting to hear an example of something that patch clauses
actually make impossible.

I saw, at one point, a book (i.e., an actual dead tree book) which contained annotated source code for the Linux kernel. If the kernel were under a verbatim+patches license, how would you do that? Last I checked, GNU diff didn't have a dead-tree mode.