Re: Bits from debian-legal between 2004-08-16 and 2004-08-22

On 2004-08-24 22:46:58 +0100 Andrew Suffield <asuffield@debian.org> wrote:

Sometimes the subject line is a really awful summary of a thread.

Not my fault. It was broken when I got here, honest! ;-)

Actually, I think there were a couple of really awful subject lines last week. It would really help if posters updated the subject occasionally and prefixed the old one with "was". This may help for other things too. For the "bits" list, I'd really prefer not to get into editing, as that way lies a lot of work and the tabloids.

When a particular thread goes bananas, I do stop reading things with its subject if I'm busy. Updating the subject will get my attention again if it's something interesting. I don't think that's unusual.