Re: Suggestions of David Nusinow, was: RPSL and DFSG-compliance - choice of venue

On 2004-08-24 17:56:54 +0100 Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com> wrote:

Andrew Suffield writes: [stuff]
Thanks. Written in your typical patronising fashion, of course. That's
half the reason why a lot of people don't/won't take part in
discussions here. [...]

I think I've disagreed with Andrew Suffield as much as most. His writing is terse and I think he sometimes includes insulting adjectives, but "patronising" is not a word I'd use to describe it. I don't mind terse: if more posters trimmed efficiently and wrote shorter messages, this list would be more usable.

Could do with losing the more obvious flamebait IMO, but he still posts some useful info among the grumbles, doesn't seem to do much character assassination and he doesn't constantly curse everyone up, unlike some debian list inhabitants.

As for list domination, Andrew doesn't seem to be that common here recently. Actually, I'm not sure whether you were complaining about Andrew there, so it was not a very helpful comment. :-/

Please email about: BT alternative for line rental+DSL;
Education on SMEs+EU FP6; office filing that works fast