Re: Measuring divergence, was: Suggestions of David Nusinow

On 2004-08-24 16:22:49 +0100 Matthew Garrett <mgarrett@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:

MJ Ray <mjr@dsl.pipex.com> wrote:
I see how you could measure this appearance:
[...] Can you post the methodology and results you used, please? It will be very useful for some other situations.
It's an impression. Hence "seems" rather than "is".

Oh, I thought you were making a claim about the appearance. Would you mind writing "seems to me" or something else that makes it clearer that you are just giving your impression rather than stating a finding, please?

It's a shame: it really would be useful to have a good inexpensive way to measure this sort of "public face". :-(