Re: A short licence check

Raul Miller <moth@debian.org> wrote:

> You can release software under multiple licenses if you're the copyright
> holder.  If you're not a copyright holder you can still release something
> derived from it under the terms of the gpl if the other copyright doesn't
> have restrictions beyond what the gpl has.

Ah, yes, the copyright holder can do this. But given two programs (A
under the GPL and B under another copyleft license), I can't produce a
derived work of both A and B without problems - the only way to satisfy
the licenses would be for my work C to be released under both, and I
don't have the right to do that since this would now effectively mean
that there was a version of A under the other license and a version of B
under the GPL.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.legal@srcf.ucam.org