Re: NEW ocaml licence proposal by upstream, will be part of the 3.08.1 release going into sarge.

On Sat, Aug 21, 2004 at 01:35:09PM -0400, Brian Thomas Sniffen wrote:
> But there's *no* license under which I can submit changes to Sven that
> he can then distribute.  He can't grant the 3b license to INRIA,
> because I hold copyright on the patch!

I still don't understand your argument.  If you release a patch, you can
only do so under QPL#3; by sending your patch to Sven, you're releasing
it (to him), and so you've granted the license to INRIA (the initial
developer of the Software).

This seems to follow directly from the license.

--
Glenn Maynard