Re: NEW ocaml licence proposal by upstream, will be part of the 3.08.1 release going into sarge.

On Thu, Aug 19, 2004 at 02:09:52PM -0400, Brian Thomas Sniffen wrote:
> There were demands that I point at the DFSG, and I did so.  Now you
> want a practical example.  Here's some attempts at one:
[...]
> * I can't fork the code, even distributing as patches.  There's no way
>   for me to make XEmacs, which is FSF Emacs + code by people who won't
>   transfer copyright to the FSF.

This part I find particularly interesting, because I see the freedom
to fork as fundamental.  I don't understand your reasoning, though.
Can you explain what would go wrong if I tried to create an XOcaml?

(Note that the source+patches problem itself is addressed by DFSG#4,
though obviously not in the way I would like.)

Richard Braakman