Re: NEW ocaml licence proposal by upstream, will be part of the 3.08.1 release going into sarge.

Sven Luther wrote:

But if upstreqm incorporqtes your changes, thus creating a modification of
your QPLed work, you have the same right as he has, don't you ?

To distribute the modified (combined) version of your QPL'd work under a proprietaty license?

In other words, if I submit a patch to the ocaml compiler, and it is accepted, then I can "take the software proprietary" just the same as the original author?

That certainly makes the QPL more attractive to me, as a non-original-author. But I'm afraid I don't understand why any original author would use it.

--Joe