Re: Re: Conditions vs. (possibly inaccurate) notices (was Re: Pleasepass judgement on X-Oz licence: free or nay?

On Tue, 2004-08-10 at 14:14, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> Joe Wreschnig wrote:
>  >The X license also says permission is granted "subject to the following
>  >conditions" (note the plural);
>
> What X license are you reading?  I'm reading
> http://www.x.org/Downloads_terms.html -- and it simply doesn't say
> anything of the sort.
>
> Are we perhaps talking about entirely different licenses?

I'm looking at the ones that are actually in Debian, according to
/usr/share/doc/xserver-common/copyright. Except for the SPI copyright,
these can also be found at
http://freedesktop.org/~xorg/X11R6.7.0/doc/LICENSE.html.

Of the X-style licenses in that file, the phrase "subject to the
following conditions:" is found in the SPI license, the XFree86 license,
and the X Consortium license. It is not in the license that started this
thread (which presumably is somewhere in the X.org source, and will be
in a future Debian X release). It is not found in the Open Group
license.
--
Joe Wreschnig <piman@debian.org>