Re: NEW ocaml licence proposal by upstream, will be part of the 3.08.1 release going into sarge.

On Tue, Aug 10, 2004 at 07:43:06AM -0400, Joe Moore wrote:
> Sven Luther wrote:
> >Ok, find attached the new ocaml licence proposal, which will go into the
> >ocaml
> >3.08.1 release, which is scheduled for inclusion in sarge.
>
> I would only offer one small piece of feedback, and that is that the
> license for "The Compiler" is described as the QPL version 1.0, while
> INRIA (with input from Debian-legal) has made some significant
> (DFSG-freeing) changes to the "official" TrollTech QPL 1.0.
>
> Perhaps describing it as a "modified version of the QPL 1.0", just so
> that it's clear?
>
> It's a very minor nit, though.

No, the QPL itself is non-free, and doesn't allow for modification, which is
why we chose to use the pure QPL, and then the special exception.

The choice of law clause is allowed to be modified though by Trolltech, so it
is less problematic.

Friendly,

Sven Luther