nmap license

Download nmap 3.55 and look at the source code. Each file contains a
notice with the following text.  Is this dfsg-free?   I'm
not-subscribed, and I don't care about the results of this, so don't
bother to cc me.  I just want to stir the pot.

 * Note that the GPL places important restrictions on "derived works",
yet *
 * it does not provide a detailed definition of that term.  To
avoid       *
 * misunderstandings, we consider an application to constitute
a           *
 * "derivative work" for the purpose of this license if it does any of
the *
 *
following:
*
 * o Integrates source code from
Nmap                                      *
 * o Reads or includes Nmap copyrighted data files, such
as                *
 *   nmap-os-fingerprints or
nmap-service-probes.                          *
 * o Executes
Nmap                                                         *
 * o Integrates/includes/aggregates Nmap into an executable
installer      *
 * o Links to a library or executes a program that does any of the
above   *

 * The term "Nmap" should be taken to also include any portions or
derived *
 * works of Nmap.  This list is not exclusive, but is just meant
to        *
 * clarify our interpretation of derived works with some common
examples.  *
 * These restrictions only apply when you actually redistribute Nmap.
For *
 * example, nothing stops you from writing and selling a
proprietary       *
 * front-end to Nmap.  Just distribute it by itself, and point people
to   *
 * http://www.insecure.org/nmap/ to download
Nmap.                         *

 * We don't consider these to be added restrictions on top of the GPL,
but *
 * just a clarification of how we interpret "derived works" as it
applies  *
 * to our GPL-licensed Nmap product.  This is similar to the way
Linus     *
 * Torvalds has announced his interpretation of how "derived
works"        *
 * applies to Linux kernel modules.  Our interpretation refers only
to     *
 * Nmap - we don't speak for any other GPL
products.                       *

 * If you have any questions about the GPL licensing restrictions on
using *
 * Nmap in non-GPL works, we would be happy to help.  As mentioned
above,  *
 * we also offer alternative license to integrate Nmap into
proprietary    *
 * applications and appliances.  These contracts have been sold to
many    *
 * security vendors, and generally include a perpetual license as well
as  *
 * providing for priority support and updates as well as helping to
fund   *
 * the continued development of Nmap technology.  Please
email             *
 * sales@insecure.com for further
information.                             *