Re: Netatalk and OpenSSL licencing

On 09-08-2004 18:25, "Brian Thomas Sniffen" <bts@alum.mit.edu> wrote:

>> It is sad that despite all copyright holders are more then willing to
>> co-operate, there still is something holding them back.
>
> Yes -- the rest of the copyright holders.  Bug the Samba/libiconv
> folks if you like, but I suggest you blame Eric Young.  He could make
> this issue go away by behaving in a less unmutual manner.

OK, agreed. I was too quick in drawing conclussions on that one.

It is an issue with licences though. In time you just don't know anymore
who wrote what piece, and you can't fix issues in licencing. I know have
to congratulate the GPL folks who encourage the "or any later version"
practice. But let's not discuss that here.

Freek