Re: Suggestions of David Nusinow, was: RPSL and DFSG-compliance - choice of venue

David Nusinow <david_nusinow@verizon.net> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 30, 2004 at 03:39:01AM -0700, Don Armstrong wrote:
> > On Fri, 30 Jul 2004, David Nusinow wrote:
> > > I echo his point that this probably needs to be justified.
> >
> > In all of the cases to date, where we've gone against the
> > interpretation of the FSF, we've done so with very careful
> > justification of the reasoning behind our difference in opinion, and
> > how that springs from the DFSG.
> >
> > The few thousand messages on the GFDL are a reasonable example of the
> > process of justification that we have gone through.
>
> If there's one thing I would never accuse the participants of this list of,
> it's lack of care and thoroughness. My real concern is simply to allow these
> carefully formed conclusions to reflect the will of the project as a whole.

If there are people who disagree with the conclusions of debian-legal,
then they are free to discuss it on this mailing list.  This has
happened numerous times.  You seem to want to force people to care
about such issues.  If they care, they already browse debian-legal.

Regards,
Walter Landry
wlandry@ucsd.edu